Who made the decision about Convention and LEADDD going virtual?
- Per Tri Delta's Bylaws, Tri Delta's Executive Board has the responsibility for determining the time and place for the biennial convention, and managing the details of the event. Given the circumstances around COVID-19, the 2018-2020 Executive Board made the difficult decision to forego an in-person gathering in Orlando, Florida, to comply with current federal and state restrictions regarding travel and to ensure the health and safety of Tri Delta's members.
What is FOCUS 2020?
- FOCUS 2020 is Tri Delta's VIrtual Convention.
Has Tri Delta event had a virtual convention?
- No. Tri Delta has postponed and/or canceled Conventions at two different times in our history, but we have never hosted a virtual convention. With the understanding that more members may be able to attend Convention virtually, it is our hope that FOCUS 2020 will set a new record for member attendance and engagement.
How will the virtual Convention work?
- We will be sharing the details for FOCUS 2020 very soon, including specifics for Convention Delegates. FOCUS 2020 will "focus" solely on Tri Delta's business, including the consideration of proposed amendments to our Bylaws, and the election and installation of the Executive Board and Leadership Development Committee. Other events traditionally held during Convention will be held virtually throughout the summer as part of our Summer of Sisterhood.
Who should participate in FOCUS 2020, is my attendance required?
- Collegiate chapters must have a representative at FOCUS 2020. This should be the chapter president or designated alternate delegate.
- We encourage alumnae chapter presidents, or approved alternate delegate, to attend and serve as the official voice of their chapter, however attendance is not required.
- Please know that all members are invited to attend FOCUS 2020, Only registered delegates will be able to vote.
What if I registered to attend the in-person event?
- For those who registered to attend LEADDD and Convention in Orlando, our registration has been canceled and a refund has been issued to the card used for payment.
- Those who would like to participate in LEADDD Online and/ or FOCUS 2020 will need to re-register online.
When is FOCUS 2020?
- FOCUS 2020 will be held virtually on Saturday, July 11.
How much does it cost to attend?
- Voting delegates (collegiate or alumnae chapter presidents, or approved alternate delegate) are asked to pay a $132 Delegate Fee, which includes their admission to LEADDD Online ($33 value). The delegate fee helps us to cover costs associated with hosting a virtual Convention, including technology platforms needed for live-streaming the sessions and voting digitally.
- Non-voting delegates are invited to attend the events of FOCUS 2020 at no cost.
- All attendees must register online to receive access to the virtual platform.
How do I register?
- Register online by logging in with your unique My Tri Delta username and password. If you need help logging in, contact email@example.com.
- Registration closes Sunday, July 5, 2020.
What’s on the agenda?
- Check out the schedule at-a-glance for virtual events including Bylaws Town Halls, Bylaws Orientation and more.
I’m serving as my chapter’s voting delegate, what do I need to do?
- Chapter presidents – collegiate and alumnae – must complete the credentials form and submit online or by mail to Delta Delta Delta, 14951 Dallas Parkway Ste. 500, Dallas, TX 75254 by July 5.
- If you are serving as the delegate, you will list YOUR name as the official voting delegate, and sign at the bottom.
- If you are not able to attend FOCUS 2020 and are designating an alternate, you will list THEIR name as the official alternate delegate, and sign the bottom of the page.
- If both you AND an alternate are participating in FOCUS 2020, both names can be listed. Only one delegate per chapter is able to vote.
- Alumnae Chapter Credentials Form
- Collegiate Chapter Credentials Form
Where have previous Conventions been held?
- 2000: Washington, D.C.
- 2002: Orlando
- 2004: San Antonio
- 2006: Los Angeles
- 2008: Chicago
- 2010: Orlando
- 2012: Tucson
- 2014: Indianapolis
- 2016: Phoenix
- 2018: Dallas/Fort Worth
What is LEADDD Online?
- LEADDD is Tri Delta’s signature professional and leadership development conference, created by women, for women. This year, LEADDD is going virtual! Join us (from your home) on Saturday, July 10 for a keynote address from author and business strategist AmyK Hutchens along with engaging workshops and networking opportunities.
I have additional questions about LEADDD Online or FOCUS 2020, who can I ask?